Wednesday 16 December 2009

Procrastination Station

Procrastination follows almost any activity in my daily life. Nothing seems to propel me to start work, expect for extreme guilt - sometimes, half the time, I get into it and it's easy. Right now, not so much.

I keep thinking about:
1) Failing miserably and everyone thinking I'm a moron (like in a dream, with the faceless chorus).
2) What I can fit in my bag to take away for Xmas.
3) Wondering whether I have to wash my hair tonight, or tomorrow.
4) Snacks and hot beverages.
5) Whether Walter Benjamin really decided to leave the Arcades Project as a collage of thoughts and notes, or whether he just never finished it and it would be like me submitting my blathering notes as my PhD theses. Hmm...
6) If I should be worried about the recurrence of the Hermit in my Tarot readings... As I sit here, alone, writing, it seems less weird and more accurate.

Hmmph, anyhoo, back to the Arcades and the Dandies and the startlingly relevant odd tit-bit. Good old WB.

No comments:

Post a Comment